Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Misplaced Motivation

You know what's funny? The fact that I took the day off so I could get things done. You know the drill...


Saw this on Facebook and I thought, yep, I have a lot of things I COULD do, but do I have the desire – well, energy frankly – to do them? The short answer is NO.

Got some design work done. I did get my Saturday chores done (finally) and really should have mopped, too, but that became a low priority. I did clean up the kitchen and purged the fridge of any party hangers-on. Didn't get to the bedroom and closets or my "oh my god" room/office. I managed to avoid those by leaving town.

Today was the Wisconsin High School Softball All-Star Games in Wisconsin Dells. The girl next door was selected for the Division I team so Jim was planning to go see her last game, starting around 3:30 p.m., if he got his work done. I knew I had plenty of work I could do, but instead I said, "I'll go with you. I have to remember not to put work first. It will still be there when I get back."

So I went for a 3-mile run (only had to walk once), showered, and we hit the road at 2 p.m. It was a bit warm and muggy but not uncomfortably so. Once we got down there, it clouded up, too, so it was a nice day to watch softball and take some pictures of Madison. At one point I did look on my phone to see if the clouds were just blocking the sun or if there were going to drop rain on us. This is what my phone displayed...


What? The weather stopped? Hey, I guess we were all cleared for outdoor activities for the rest of the day!

I need to figure out the app to stop Time while my phone is at it.

Got home and did a little grocery shopping then baked a cake for a potluck tomorrow. I did finish a good book (What Alice Forgot) on the way home from the Dells and read the first chapter of my church book study book (If You Want To Walk On Water, You've Got To Get Out Of The Boat).

So it does sound like all kinds of accomplishments, but no. I have a long way to go. Maybe if I clean my desk off I'll find that misplaced motivation. Right now kitty is laying on it, though. Best not disturb her, right?


No comments: