Friday, June 3, 2016

Grass is Greener


Let me tell you what this picture is...

It is the reason the grass is greener and way taller than it should be less than a week after a cut.

It is the reason we are home and not sitting outside at a graduation party.

It is the reason we heard the severe weather sirens.

Let me tell you what this picture is not...

It is not ideal for graduation parties this weekend. (Thankfully we just have one and we had that tonight before the rain.)

It is not ideal for garage sales. (Thankfully our youth group is holding its mission trip fundraiser sale INDOORS tomorrow at First English Lutheran Church. Stop by and support it!)

It is not ideal for the opening weekend of youth baseball and softball tournaments.

The Rapids Rage baseball teams (remember Carter playing for them?) are hosting the tournament in the nearby Kellner ball park facility. While hubby mowed the back yard quick before rain, I stopped over to the park to snap a few shots of my buddy Aaron. Hopefully I can get some pictures of him (and some other young lads I know) in action tomorrow.

But... like I said, it is not ideal ball weather. In fact, that radar picture might not change much as it will be 90% chance of precipitation.

So you know what that colorful radar picture really is?

Ugly. It's just ugly.

That is all.


No comments: