Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Feeling Great at 40... Something


Don't look too closely, but this was 40 years ago today. Totally not identical twins but we sported the same summer chop and frilly tube tops. Oh and the matching cakes with the ballerina candle holders. Those were awesome! Felt so lucky that they were used on our cakes.

Looking back, I can appreciate Mom trying to give us each our "own birthdays" even though we shared one. It wasn't until I was an adult that I heard "Robyn's birthday" instead of just "the twins' birthday." So now I really, really, really like my birthday!

I don't care what age. I embrace it and if I am lucky enough, I lick it, too, before it melts. I mean goes away.

So I was pretty jazzed when I got to work and the Birthday Fairy had paid me a visit!

She definitely knows my love for Purple and Yellow, so she's gotta be nice!


Plus, she made sure Carter, away at a camping trip, was there with me in spirit, too.

She also commanded me to wear the birthday tiara, which I obediently donned and wore down to the main break room and to a meeting. Then I felt my obligation was fulfilled and I could eat the birthday cookies! I did not find time in my schedule for ice cream (gasp!) but may get that for our anniversary Friday or for Jim's birthday on Sunday.



I got cake later when I went to the neighbor's for a bridal shower. No candles, but it was still tasty.

Cool message, though I know hubby loves me. He made me supper and gave me a nice golf outfit for my birthday and lots of new bright golf balls for me to lose. During my lunch hour I ran to the new MC Sports store in Rapids and got myself one of these, too...

Yup, we've got His & Hers now. Just need to buy our life vests and we're good to go. Summer can slow down now.

Please.

Life is great at 40... something. Let's not rush this.


No comments: