Saturday, June 11, 2016

Racing Around

It was one of those days we found ourselves racing around to get things done. And we didn't even need to move fast to work up a sweat! At one point today my weather app said it was 92 degrees and "feels like 99." Uff da.

We started the day at my workplace (Renaissance Learning) doing the Renaissance Race Against Cancer 5K. Between the 600+ participants in the 5K and 10K, we raised $30,000 for the local UW Cancer Center. In the photo above our CEO is presenting the BIG check!


With this hot and muggy weather – oh, and lack of training – I walked the 5K with hubby, no chance or running (though I have enjoyed the 10K distance at other races... in the past!) Carter had to work this morning so he was not a part of this at all.


Also walking with her hubby today was my scrap sister Jenny who became my sweat sister by the end. Just so warm!

There were only two of us dedicated Desperate Housewives of Blue Jay Drive. And I have to count Marigene even if she lives a half block off. Somebody's gotta be dedicated, right?

It was nice to see a big crowd.

Afterward, Jim and I raced home, showered and hit the road. We did a little "browsing" in Green Bay and came home empty handed except for an early birthday present for me. I feel I need to find a reason to wear this new golf outfit BEFORE my birthday way at the end of the month! Will have to see when and where I can squeeze it in. Anyone have Flag Day off besides me? Let's go!

When we got home after 5, we had a graduation party for one of the boys – well, MEN now – Carter went to school with at Grant Elementary from kindergarten through 6th grade, plus played tournament baseball with.


Joey's mom had this cute picture of Joey and Carter hanging up so I had to take an updated one to prove they are still little cuties.

Am I right or am I right? And yes, they still have their moms wrapped around their fingers!

From there, Carter had another graduation party and we came home. Jim walked the mile-plus and I drove the car. I was waiting for the temp to drop so I could take a short walk, too, but it's 86 degrees at 8 p.m.

Guess I better suck it up and get out there. I had to have that piece of cake, didn't I?




No comments: