Thursday, June 9, 2016

Goal Tender


Since late February, I have been trying to do more than fit into my high school earrings.

I joined a Weight Watchers at work program with a few goals in mind. Ultimately, I wanted to drop some pounds but I also wanted to do it correctly, not in some drastic, quick-fix fashion that would result in me gaining it all back as soon as I quit the magic pill or potion. Essentially, I wasn't shooting to be skinny, just fit rather than fat (or fluffy anyway).

My weight goal was my driver's license weight, which wasn't crazily out of line and also jived with the Weight Watchers' guidance to lose 10% of your weight (if needed). Plus it was a number on the scale reasonable enough to maintain – as in continue to eat and enjoy food and not have to work out twice a day to keep it off.

It took me 19 weeks, but I hit that goal with a loss of 16 pounds!


If you need proof, here's me with my GOAL charm!

Along my journey, I also earned my 5 and 10 percent charms, and fitness charms, too.

Makes it seem easy but it took all of 6 weeks to lose the last 2 pounds. They were stubborn, like me I guess, and didn't want to go!

They may be back but for now I am going to see if I can manage at this magic number for the next 6 weeks. Then I will still be in the program but wouldn't have to pay a weekly fee. Incentive!!

When the group asked how I did it, I admitted I didn't always make great choices but I made better choices more often. When I bragged I had only been to King Cone twice since it opened, they pointed out it hasn't been open that long! "How do you count the points there?"

I said, "I don't!"

I guess I have a few things to learn! But really, I work it in. Oprah has her bread and I have my ice cream. We just make it work and make a concerted effort to work it off when we can. If I deprive myself of everything, this is no longer a "lifestyle change," because I am not enjoying life!

So yes, I will frequent King Cone as needed (or desired) and will have a piece of cake at every graduation party we attend – as long as it's the good, sweet frosting. None of that healthier whipped stuff.

It's gotta be worth my points!


No comments: