Sunday, June 5, 2016

Blessings and More Frosting


Carter got one more opportunity to be honored today as our church paid tribute to the 2016 graduates!

The two in red gowns were graduating from Lincoln High School in Rapids today. The one in black graduated from Port Edwards last week and got to keep his gown. Carter is the only one who had to return his gown to get his diploma. But he wore an Assumption Royal Blue tie at least.

The pastor gave a nice blessing and reminded them of "The Five W's of Life":
  • WHO you are is what makes you special. Do not change for anyone.
  • WHAT lies ahead will always be a mystery. Do not be afraid to explore.
  • WHERE there are choices to make, make the one you won't regret.
  • WHEN life pushes you over, you push back harder.
  • WHY things happen will never be certain. Take it in stride and move forward.
Good words.

After the service, there was cake. I just happened to be standing there and got a corner piece! And let me tell you it was the good, sweet frosting, not that healthy, light, whipped stuff. Perfect breakfast, if you ask me!


It was strange to see these kids all so grown up since they have been together through Sunday School as little ones, confirmation and now graduation. There are actually 5 others who are a part of this honored group but, for whatever reason, they were unable to make it today.

I swear I didn't take any of "their" cake!

I do believe I worked it off anyway. Did some weed whacking in the front yard and did not see one single snake. Then I delivered some bowls and spoons my friends brought full of salads to the graduation party last week. I not only hand-delivered them, I foot-delivered them. First walked down Deer Road almost a mile to Brenda 1 and then over to Townline Road to Brenda 2.

Probably just a 3 1/2-mile walk, but later I got a run in when I was done shopping at Wal-Mart and had to get to my car FAST in the downpour. Good thing I did those other neighborhood deliveries earlier.

Rain didn't last long here but the storm majorly hit in my old stomping grounds in Iola. Downed trees and power outages, I guess. Praying my friends are safe and sound!


No comments: