Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer is Here if You Didn't Notice

June 20th means SUMMER is here. Officially. In case the 90-degree humid weekend didn't give you a clue. What I like about summer...


And what I don't like about summer, well, today anyway...


That's the summer solstice for you! 

Actually, was good to have a long day. I got my work done. Was able to go to kickboxing for the first time in 10 days and get called out as the slacker I am. Went to Wal-mart, where I learned that the easiest way to stop a cart from squeaking is to warm up the tires like NASCAR drivers. (Yup, once a gearhead, always a gearhead.) Got home and baked a birthday treat for someone at work, then went for a walk, hoping the solstice "strawberry moon" was rising.

Not yet. I will have to go back out there and wait for it like the Great Pumpkin, I guess. Meanwhile, it seems like the sky is prepping for it with some pink-ish, strawberry-ish clouds as the sun was setting.


So maybe tomorrow I will have some lunar magic for you. As long as it arrives before my bedtime. Just because it's the longest day doesn't mean I have the stamina to stay up late.

I will, though, because I don't want to miss a single minute of SUMMER!




No comments: