Thursday, June 16, 2016

Meet the Author



Tonight we had a special meeting of our monthly Face to FaceBook Club. The author was there to talk about her book WITH us!

In our group, we rotate who chooses the book to read and that person leads discussion that month. My friend Cindy discovered a book by a central Wisconsin author and, to our delight, learned she likes to attend book club meetings!

So we and a few extras from another club read the book The Ground Beneath Us by Rachel Allord for our June selection.



This evening we met up at the Mission Coffee House in Plover and Rachel answered questions, discussed her inspiration for the two books she's written so far and, important for me, gave insight on how to go about getting a book published – and selling it!

It was a really neat discussion and a good book, too!

The plot, without giving away any spoilers, is about surviving the ups and downs of marriage and determining if a "dead and buried in the ground beneath us" marriage can be resurrected. Trust me, it's not as predictable as it sounds. Just don't want to give too much away.

I encourage you to read it, though. (https://www.amazon.com/Ground-Beneath-Us-Rachel-Allord-ebook/dp/B017MO5TMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466130602&sr=8-1&keywords=the+ground+beneath+us+by+rachel+allord) It has a lot of interesting ties to central Wisconsin that made it a fun read for our club.

Naturally I had to get my picture taken with her because, well, someday maybe both of us will be famous. Ha.

For now I will treasure my personally signed copy and take her writing advice to heart. Who knows, maybe the ground beneath me will finally start shaking things up!


No comments: