Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Suffering from Neglect


Oh gosh. It's back to reality this week now that graduation and the after-party are done and over with.

I would still like an evening to sit back and decompress, but I look around and see too much that was neglected during those final days, well weeks, well maybe months even.

Although I did some basic cleaning before the weekend, I was not prepared to take visiting family on home tours. Indeed, I did have to clean for two hours just to tell them "Sorry for the mess!" That was a bit embarrassing, but hopefully they won't judge me.

And if they do, I'm sure they'll still love me. How could they not?

Still, in order to get my office back to an office/scrap cave instead of Party Headquarters, I probably should get through mail piles, to-do projects and, of course, finish the final pages of Carter's senior year scrapbook.

I had hoped to start tonight, but I worked late, went to kickboxing, then went to the ballfields in Kellner, where at least 3 of my friends had kids playing. I honestly wasn't going there to avoid work at home, just had to meet up with some people I purchased sports raffle tickets from. But while I was there, I naturally had to visit... and buy popcorn for my supper.

Since we didn't have leftover burgers and brats from the party, I may have to venture to Kellner for ballpark food now and then. You can't beat fresh (fattening) food – made by someone else! – just 5 minutes away!

Got home and did a design project and now am ready to crash. I probably should cross off "get 8 hours of sleep" from my list one of these nights. That just might make the other tasks do-able.

Maybe.


No comments: