Thursday, June 2, 2016

Mother Hubbard Meets People of Wal-Mart



I finally decided to get some ambition today. Doesn't mean I got it, it was just the route I was hoping to go.

After work, I texted my neighbor go for a walk and if I didn't hear back from her in 15 minutes, I would be forced to go for a run. Well she texted me back... sometime around the 2-mile mark, I think. Dang. At least I got a 3-mile "trip" in with mostly running.

When I got home, I showered but didn't wash may hair. Figured I could just throw a hat on to go out, as in out to get some groceries for my empty cupboards.

Between hubby and I, we probably go north of 100 baseball-style hats around here. I had one in mind I was going to wear because my hair is now too short for a pony tail. Might as well break out a fitted one I never wear. I grab it off the top of the vanity, where it's been sitting awhile, and it's a bit dusty, to say the least.

I don't have time to deal with that! But by the time I put it back, I had dust streaks all over the front of my shirt so I looked like hell instead of fashionably cool in my black t-shirt and purposely hole-y jeans. Threw a different hat on. Who cares, right? At least I didn't smell.

Naturally, this is the time I run into no less than 4 people I know at Wal-Mart. Now that I think about it, the 2 who hugged me are probably walking around with dust from the 2001 Janet Jackson Concert hat. Whoops.

And yes, I did spend more than I planned. And while I didn't forget toothpaste, I did forget bananas. Will have to forgo my 10 a.m. snack at work tomorrow. I also didn't get anything else to snack on at home.

So, yes, I confess I am that mom who texted her son and asked to cut into the brownies someone gave him for graduation. Even though they've been in the fridge all week, I said I didn't want them to "go bad."

Go ahead and say it. Bad Mother Hubbard. Bad.

This wouldn't have happened if I had remembered those bananas.

Just sayin'.



No comments: