Monday, June 27, 2016

Personal Flotation Devices

We've had sweltering temperatures and/or humidity pretty consistent lately. Figures that the one day Carter and the senior class road trip down the World's Largest Water Park, it is a breezy 72 degrees. I guess if the grads wanted to "chill," they picked the right day for Noah's Ark.

I can't imagine going down water slides or floating around the Lazy River, then stepping out into the cool breeze. Carter said it wasn't so bad, though. In fact he even got a little sunburned. Now, let's hope for a little warmth and no rain as the rest of their "trip" together involves camping and hiking the next few days!

Since the boy was gone, we decided it was our turn to play in the water, too. Even though it required long sleeves.

Unbeknown to me, hubby enjoyed our first kayaking outing last week so much that he wanted to buy one. I was pretty surprised to come home to an awesome neon green one. I say, ONE. Where's mine?? Well, since I had tried out two different models last week, he wanted me to be sure I got one that felt comfortable and did not aggravate my on- and off-again troublesome back. Plus, well, we really could only fit one at a time in the CRV until we get the carrier thing figured out.

So tonight we christened her... Not sure she has a name yet in case I end up with her.

We went with our neighbors Mike and Cindy again to Lake Wazeecha and they let me use one of their kayaks styled exactly the same so I'd get a good feel for it.

I think we've got a winner. Now to see if they still have any left from the sale up at Dunham's Sports in Stevens Point. Or if they have a reasonably priced one at the new MC Sports that just opened in Rapids this week. We'll have to check them out.

With both our birthdays and our anniversary all within the next 6 days, I see a matched set in the future, don't you?



No comments: