Friday, November 24, 2017

Black Friday Hoopla

For awhile I thought I'd see tumbleweeds blowing through our office today. Quite the skeleton crew for Black Friday. Well, for Thanksgiving Weekend.

Since I am low person on the totem pole and haven't even earned a day off, I had to work. And about half dozen others in our department. In fact, it was pretty spacious throughout the building. I didn't mind so much that I was missing out on Black Friday deals. What I did mind was missing out on this...


Nothing black about that Friday temperature! Just sunny and light! Oh, it would have been a nice day to oh, let's see, go for a run, put up Christmas decorations outside, maybe bond with Mr. Deck Chair if I was desperate. But we'll never know. I missed out.

And I missed the first few Assumption teams playing at the Cranberry Classic tournament at Assumption High School. I did not see either girls team since they played in the afternoon. But I did get to the boys JV game and saw all of our varsity boys game later. Both JV teams won. The girls varsity lost by 2 and the boys varsity won.

It was my first time shooting basketball with my "new" camera. I'll still call it new as long as I am doing something new with it. Got a few photos to work out. But plenty to learn on that front. At least it works in the gym lighting and it can do some action. With such a big crowd for the tournament, I couldn't exactly move around for new angles.

Since this is just the kickoff to the season, I am guessing I'll get lots more chances to practice.

Tomorrow I'll be Up North for the Cookie Bake. I am hoping the girls can capture a win finally and that the boys will see continued success.

Hoping this crazy Black Friday weather will continue, too. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: