Monday, November 27, 2017

Charting My Gratitude :: Part 4


Life got a little busy there so I am behind on my chart. Today we'll take 9 days instead of 6. Here my thankful thoughts for Nov. 19-27...

19. What touch are you grateful for today?
Hugs. Every day. Good, strong hugs that have meaning. Not those stiff, fakey, "I'm just doing this to call it hug" motions. Those don't make me feel good or comforted all the way to my heart.

20. Who in your life are you grateful for?
Now this would be too many to mention. The hubby and boys, of course. And there's family and multiple circles of friends. Love them all!

21. What song are you most grateful for?
How Great Thou Art. Just amazing lyrics of God's awesomeness. And how He can make soul sing! Who else could do that? It's so beautiful and always brings tears to my eyes because I remember it from very special funerals in my life, too.

22. What story are you grateful for?
My OWN story. This week will mark 19 years since I climbed out of the depths of my own Hell and decided to change my story. Start a new chapter. It started pretty rocky and I don't know how it will end. But I like the direction the Storyteller is taking it so far. Thanks for those who have had tremendously supportive roles in this drama. You know who you are. Love you!

23. What tradition are you grateful for?
Love our family's Cookie Bake (and mainly Exchange) tradition. That is a fun day to get together with the sole purpose of having fun! Someone always brings a new game. And we play the "old" ones, too. Just special bonding with my mom and all my siblings. Of course, my annual sister weekend ranks up there, too, but it's good to have at least a set tradition where everyone can be involved – and they often are!

24. What challenge are you grateful for?
Since my Panic Disorder kicked in 5 years ago, there are a lot of simple things that I once took for granted and now are challenges. Yes, I now am one of the millions of people on anti-anxiety medication. It doesn't help 100%. I still have to "get through" challenges on my own at times. My big step this fall was joining the church choir. I never had problems getting up and reading or singing in front of the church. But I do now. Each time we perform, I am hoping for the best – not just my voice, but not passing out or having an attack. In a way, it would be worth it because I am having the time of my life in choir. Love it. Love, love, love the people, too. What a great, fun group. Glad I felt up to the challenge.

25. What moment this week are you most grateful for?
Lots of moments in the past week. Probably most dear to me was having all 5 of us – hubby and the 3 boys and me (plus one girlfriend) – together on Thanksgiving. Our party of 5 is so rarely together. It's heart-breaking actually. So any moments, not knowing when the next will be, are meant to be held close to our hearts and treasured.

26. What form of expression are you most grateful for?
Uff da. Nothing more needs to be said, does it?

27. What small thing that you use daily are you grateful for?
Oh gosh. I love my toothbrush and my always-on-hand tube of lipstick, but... I would have say phone. I use it as my alarm clock, plus I can keep in touch with people, organize my life (ha, ha), and take photos. I can receive them, too. Got this one from my nephew Colin's new bride. A nice picture from their wedding when Carter was usher and walking me down the aisle to our seats...

 Just a small thing in my small phone that I can look at with gratitude each day!

Hope you are continuing to find blessings during November, too. Remember, you can still be thankful in December. Gratitude has no expiration date.

No comments: