Sunday, November 26, 2017

Short and Sweet

It seems like the weekend was short because it flew by. But there was a lot packed into it. Including some sweet stuff. Very sweet.

Carter had an eye appointment yesterday morning. Then we hit the road by 10 a.m. to go to my twin's house for our annual Cookie Bake and Exchange. My treats this year – seen above – were a mix of chocolate peppermint chip cookies, mint-flavored oreos dipped halfway into almond bark, some pretzel things, and chocolate-covered peanut butter balls. Very putzy but oh so good.

That's what I gave away, but this is what I got...

OK. Not all of these. But this is one of the tables where we had the plates and treats piled up for each of the 12 participants. Now you see why we make them ahead of time? It's easier and we can concentrate on important things like... eating and games!

Here's Ron and Mom concentrating hard on Sequence. There were 3 teams of 3. Raylene, Caryn and I won the first 2. Not that we're competitive.

Gave my Skol Sister RoAnn a purple poinsettia for her birthday. I may get one for myself. They have a few colors at ShopKo in Rapids.

And just like that, we have 4 sisters over sixty. What? The SOS club: RoAnn, Renell, Romey and Rayna.

Carter got to hang out with his cousin of the same age – my great-nephew Anthony.

Since he'll have finals when we have our Hedberg Christmas celebration in a few weeks, I got pictures of him with his fairly odd mothers. Wait, that's fairy godmothers Lene and Nell.

And one with Grandma. See where I get my height?

 Love, love, love my firstborn!! Niece, that is!

 
Thanks for being the hostess with the most-est, Lene!

Since Carter had to go back to Platteville today, we came home last night. He actually drove back from Up North. That was the first time ever and nice to relax. He said I could consider it a Mother's Day/Christmas gift. Ha.

On our way back, we were getting updates on the Cranberry Classic tournament at Assumption. Our boys were in the title game last night. It was very close so when we got back into town, we stopped at the school and managed to see the last 35 seconds. Hey. They were pretty exciting. With just 4 seconds left, we led by 2. But the Milwaukee school inbounded and got down to chuck up a 3-pointer.

And made it at the buzzer. Dang.

After the game, Carter took my car home and I went out with hubby for awhile with some of the other Assumption folks. And by awhile, I mean it was after 1:30 a.m. when we got home. So no, I didn't blog. And no, I didn't set an alarm for anything today!!

Got Carter off and then got my Saturday chores done, followed by a walk and then a few hours of freelance work. Monday is going to come too quickly.

I may have to grab a cookie plate and get the sugar rush going in the morning to power through!

No comments: