Thursday, November 9, 2017

Deer Crossing



No matter where I am going, I have to drive – at least a little bit – on Deer Road. And, not surprisingly, I do see my share of deer.

The other morning on the way to work, I happened to glance left just in time to see a buck standing by the side of the road. Just standing there, thankfully, and not giving chase to some doe across the road.

When I got to work, I saw a news story that data shows this week is the peak for vehicles striking deer in Wisconsin. And when you drive on Deer Road, your chances double, I would think.

I imagine deer are scrambling to either find a mate or find a hiding place before the men, women and children in blaze orange start prancing about. Who knows? They may have traveled from Minnesota to escape that current scene there.

Either way, now that I have a commute again, I best be on my guard. You should, too. They don't all cross at the Deer Crossing signs – despite what some people think.


Be careful out there, "deer" friends!

No comments: