Monday, November 6, 2017

Charting My Gratitude


Despite the cold and crappy weather, there are plenty of things I love about November... Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin... just kidding. I love the fact it is widely recognized as Gratitude Month. We emphasize that we shouldn't just be thankful on Thanksgiving, but every day.

Of every month.

My sister found this cool chart with different categories to address each day of November. Since I am late to the Thankful Party, I will take 1 through 6 today.

1. What smell are you grateful for today?
My favorite smell, in no particular order, are fresh-cut grass, just about anything baking, and oranges when they are just peeled and broken apart.

2. What technology are you grateful for?
Not sure the exact technology name, but it is the ability to use the internet or texting to communicate with loved ones and friends from anywhere to anywhere at anytime.

3. What color are you grateful for?
I know most of you would think I'd say purple, but Royal Blue has changed my life. Can't imagine life without the Assumption friends I've made, the experiences Carter had as a student, band member and athlete, and hubby's role as coach and athletic supporter. Even this Lutheran feels the love!

4. What food are you most grateful for?
Well that almost goes without saying. Ice cream of course. Hard ice cream. The real stuff. The good stuff. So many delicious, inventive flavors, I will never grow tired of it. Even a little scoop can "hit the spot" in the dead of winter. I'm pretty tough when it comes to ice cream!

5. What sound are you grateful for today?
You know what's music to my ears? Music. One of the things I love about this time of year is Christmas music. Such a variety from fun to serious to instrumental. And so much of it spreads a great message. I admire anyone with talent to sing or play an instrument. Thus, the reason I loved watching Glee and Pitch Perfect, and now The Voice, plus attending musicals like Wicked and Mamma Mia!, and live concerts when I can from high school to KIDS from Wisconsin to Bob Seger.

6. What in nature are you grateful for?
As much as I love looking at pretty flowers and colored leaves, my heart belongs to water. Love the oceans because that usually means I am somewhere warm on a beach. Love Great Lakes and their lighthouses and unique shorelines. Like lakes and rivers because I can often see them from a nice cottage, and can get in them or on them, swimming or kayaking.

How would YOU answer these 6?


No comments: