Thursday, November 16, 2017

Cat's Out Of The Bag


I have a confession to make. I am not as busy as you think.

Some people read my blog and say, "You're always so busy. Don't you ever sit still?"

The answer is yes, I am often busy. But yes, I do sit still. Quite a bit, in fact.

First of all, there is a difference between having a busy schedule and having to have a busy schedule. Some people don't have a choice. They may have to work several jobs or run their kids around or care for an ailing loved one.

I am grateful that for today, at least, I have a choice. I do have some extra side jobs but they aren't stressful. Freelance work that requires creativity is fun for me!

That brings me to my second point. Just because I'm busy doesn't mean I'm stressed.

We're social. Hubby and I love high school sports. He graduated from Assumption and our son did, too. We followed them before Carter was there and we'll follow them long after. We have lots of friends with kids still there so we love seeing them grow and showing our support.

I don't HAVE to take pictures of that – or anything – but I do. I enjoy the heck out of it! It's a fun challenge for me to see if I can capture any good action shots. And it's a selfless gift to share with the kids – and their scrapbooking moms, especially.

The past few weeks, between fall and winter sports, it has been quiet. Hubby has had to substitute bowl at least one night a week. I, on the other hand, have been sitting on my butt (with the cat), watching The Voice, This is Us, and Hallmark movies when I can. And trying to read some Christmas books I can share with my sisters at Thanksgiving.

Even though I did not get everything done on my "to do" list between jobs, I am still allowing myself to sit.

Just thought I'd clear the air about that. Sure, I'm busy. Just enough to keep me happy and out of trouble.

Tune in tomorrow when I explain why I do not have time to work out!

No comments: