Saturday, November 18, 2017

Charting My Gratitude :: Part 3


The Gratitude Month is flying by. Gotta keep up with my chart! Here are a few blessings for Nov. 13-18...

13. What abilities are you grateful for?
I'm extremely grateful for my ability to write. I realize it does not come easy for everyone, so I am blessed. I am thankful I can use the written word to inspire, educate, and entertain others. Nothing eloquent. Just me typing from the heart.

14. What sight are you grateful for today?
Every sight. As someone who had glasses since kindergarten and was legally blind with 20/400 vision when I finally had lasik surgery 14 years ago, I really, really appreciate the ability to see without the aid of corrective lenses. Granted, I do use the "cheaters" because of hours working on the computer, but I can still wear cool sunglasses when I want to!

15. What season are you grateful for?
Mostly grateful for summer. The warm sun and longer days energize me. It seems like I can get so much done in a day – compared to now when it's dark at 5 p.m. and I am ready for bed at 7 p.m. Plus I get to bond with Mr. Deck Chair. Bonus gratitude points right there.

16. What about your body are you grateful for?
I'm glad I read this closely so I didn't have find a body part I love, ha. I am grateful for a healthy heart and strong legs. I can walk and run and bike or whatever. And they can handle that. Can't wear heels without getting a charley horse, but that's another story.

17. What knowledge are you grateful for?
To me, experience is knowledge. I am grateful for some of my struggles in the past because I can now use those experiences to help others. God saved me and I can pay it forward.

18. What piece of art are you grateful for?
I love anything my baby boy created! While much of it has gone into his scrapbooks, I still have masterpieces hanging around.

Plus, I have heart-warming creations like this Valentine's door hanger that I've seen every day on my closet door... since, oh, probably 2002. And no, I didn't keep everything. Just enough to fill the void in this empty nester's heart.

Hope you are continuing to find blessings to be grateful for each day!



No comments: