Monday, November 13, 2017

Charting My Gratitude :: Part 2


I knew it was a smart idea not to tackle these daily. I only remember about once every six days as it is! So here are my Gratitude Month thoughts for Nov. 7-12.

7. What memory are you grateful for?
As most people know, when someone is gone, you really cherish your memories because that is all you have. I am grateful for memories of time with my dad from over-the-road trucking (10-4 Lone Spruce) to dancing ("Let me lead!") and Packer-Viking squabbles.


8. What book are you most grateful for?
Definitely the Bible. If you ever get bored, pick it up. There are some amazing stories in there!

9. What place are you most grateful for?
Our home on Blue Jay Drive. It's bought and paid for and just right for our Empty Nest. Plus, it's nice to be sort of in the country while close to town. And we have the best neighbors ever. So thankful.


10. What taste are you grateful for today?
Frosting! OK, if I was really thinking about Nov. 10. That was father-in-law's birthday dinner and we had cake. Too sweet for some but frosting is never too sweet for me. Pile it on!

11. What holiday are you grateful for?
If I was politically correct, I would say Veterans Day on Nov. 11 because of what it stands for and how much I appreciate it. And I do! But, in general, I would say Christmas is my favorite holiday. Hands down. Love the story. Love the music and the lights. Love the atmosphere of joy and giving. And, of course, love the Hallmark movies!

12. What texture are you grateful for?
Our soft kitty's long hair and my boyfriend Buddy's curly fur. There's something soothing about petting a pet, ha. They appreciate it and love you unconditionally. For that moment, anyway!

What about you?

No comments: