Tuesday, November 14, 2017

He's Got Honors

Some 6 or 7 years ago, Carter got to hang out for a bit with Hall-of-Famer Paul Molitor when he was in town. Now the still-handsome coach of the Minnesota Twins has another honor: American League Manager of the Year.

Way to go, Molly!

I told you earlier this fall how amazing it was that the Twins turned around from the 100-loss season last year to make the wildcard playoffs this year. Yes, it takes talent on the team. But it also takes leadership from a good manager.

That's just my opinion.

Well, me and a 30-member committee of Baseball Writers of American members. I guess we're all pretty smart.

And not to toot the Twins horn.... but I will... The 61-year-old "Ignitor" is the third Twins manager – third in a row, in fact – to win the award, following Tom Kelly in 1991 and Ron Gardenhire, whom he succeeded three years ago, in 2010.

Pretty darn cool. I knew it was good luck to spend the weekend in Minnesota!

Now I'll see what I can do for our other teams.

No comments: