Thursday, November 23, 2017

Gratitude Coma


In retrospect, if we would have followed the tradition of the first Thanksgiving and had popcorn and root beer, I wouldn't be in this tryptophan-induced coma right now.

I could possibly reach down and untie my shoes even. Maybe take a walk around the neighborhood to get some steps.

But no. I am overstuffed from a wonderful meal at Jim's sister's house. Plus, for dessert, some whipped cream with a side of pumpkin pie. I was too full to eat it. But you know, if I call myself a Pumpkin Spice Girl, I better power through to Thanksgiving.

So I am going through pictures from a lovely family photo shoot I did for my neighbors and downing water like there's no tomorrow – thanks to two helpings of my mother-in-law's delicious, albeit salty, dressing!

I do feel full of blessings, too. Not just the Vikings' victory! Was great to spend the evening with all of us together – Jim and our three boys, Sherry's whole family, and their parents. Also blessed to hear from friend and loved ones.

And blessed hubby took College Boy pre-Black Friday shopping tonight so I can get some sleep and work tomorrow. Really better take that walk, though, before the tryptophan completely takes over.

Hope you and yours found much to be thankful for today!

No comments: