Thursday, November 2, 2017

Momma Me Ahh

If you ever wonder where I get my creativity or my desire to dress up and entertain, look no further than this clown.

In an attempt to express the Halloween holiday spirit, my 85-year-old mother dug up some old Halloween costumes the other day, washed them and fashioned together a clown outfit. Sadly, only 3 trick-or-treaters showed up. Granted, the house is out in the country and not exactly on a "main drag". Still. There sometimes can be up to 10 kids stopping by.

Hopefully, she'll find another excuse to wear it!

To confirm how we are sometimes two peas in a pod, I was telling Mom tonight that I'll be dressing up in a costume of sorts for a "monologue" at church this Sunday. I wrote the script and shared it with her over the phone. She laughed at the appropriate places so now I know it's good enough. We both love our clever turns of phrase and our puns.

We also both love our kitchen inventions.

Before hanging up, we realized we both made Rice Krispy Bars today. Krispy Treats with a Twist, that is. Hers have some Jell-O flavoring mixed in with the marshmallows for a unique taste. Mine had some Pumpkin Spice Cheerios and caramel chips mixed in with the Rice Krispies. I bet both of ours are delicious.

Just another funny coincidence.

There's Mom. Then me. Ah, I see the connection!

Momma. Me. Ah.


No comments: