Saturday, December 4, 2021

7 Swans, 6 Geese


Since I woke up feeling 100% (after 11 hours in bed), I couldn't turn down a walk around the lake. Glad I joined my neighbor. We walked right past a Christmas song. Although there were more than 7 swans a-swimming and certainly more like 6 dozen geese a-laying!

So of course, when we got down with our walk, I had to grab my camera from home and go back for some decent pictures. Swans are so pretty and graceful. Mean and hissy, yes, but I suppose that's why they're hanging out with the geese. 

Plus I knew their migratory rest stop would be short-lived since the weatherman predicted snow tonight. (I'm mean that's my best LeRoy guess, as my siblings would point out.) 

So here are for too many feathered friends fotos...


What a beautiful day on Lake Wazeecha.


Washing my face in this cold water is so invigorating! 


Hey what's going on over there?


Hey can I join you "cool" kids on the ice?


Oooh, that's cold!


Can someone tell me if the ice is safe?


It must be! There's 2 guys fishing over there!

No thanks. I'm outta here.


Time to get back in the water and do something immature. 


Hey "cool" kids, look at this!


Oh my. An even bigger mooning party down the shoreline a bit.


Pretty hard core over here.


Must be some good weeds down there.


The geese have had enough!




Guys... guys! What time was our flight?!


Wait for us!


Silly humans. They just look at us and stay here in the cold!


No comments: