Friday, December 17, 2021

Santa Ninjas

Every Santa's helper out there knows it takes a certain sneaky ninja-like quality to pull off a lot of surprises. Being a Secret Santa takes it up to a whole new level. Not only is the gift a surprise. But so is the giver.

Thanks to this virus pandemic thing, we have to deliver to houses, not just take them to the office. So it's way ninja-y!

Last year when we did a Secret Santa white elephant gift exchange, I thought I was pretty stealth delivering to the person's house. Darn video cameras these days! So this year, I went a little more undercover. 

I think.

After work, I didn't have to wait long for the light to fade since I had a 20+ minute drive to my destination. I drove by the house as dusk settled. I really love that this person is in the Christmas spirit – they had outside lights everywhere – but that provided a little too much light for covert operations.

So I parked past the driveway behind some trees and pulled my black jacket over my head. Then ran toward the house. As soon as I heard one or five dogs bark, I switched directions, put the bag between the two garage doors and ran down the driveway. All while holding the black coat above my head so the person could look out the window and wouldn't know if I'm male or female or short or tall. We'll find out Tuesday when we have our exchange. 

I did have to have slight third-party involvement, though. Texted a coworker who is not on my team and asked him/her to text my person and indicate a Secret Santa gift had been delivered and tell them where to find it. Fingers crossed they're surprised.

Since I was in the general Stevens Point/Plover area, I figured I better go to Michaels. Don't always need something but you walk out with merch for a "new project" more times than not. So I have some more Santa work to do in the next 36-ish hours! 

Where are my ninja powers when I need them?!

No comments: