Sunday, December 19, 2021

Badger and Christmas Red

I realize I was completely disconnected to the cyber universe this weekend while I was busy connecting with family and friends in person. And that's how it should be.


Yesterday was a blur. I know I was doing some last-minute shopping then went to church in the afternoon at Rudolph where hubby was singing in the church choir. Finally I was around on a Saturday when he was performing so I could catch a listen. It was great. It's a guitar-accompanied group rather than an organ and it sounds amazing.

After church we go together with some of the group and one of the guitar hero's houses. So we had several hours of visiting, laughing, singing (of course), and watching the Badger women's volleyball team take their first national championship. My friend Sara and I want to be clear we were wearing Badger red, not Nebraska red!

Got home pretty, pretty late. Now I know how Jim's "choir practices" can end up going until midnight!

Today was our Austin family Christmas. The big boys couldn't make it – Casey's out in Portland and Clay was under the weather – so Jim, Carter, Mamie and I went over to his sister's house. There was 12 of us, including the two littles – Colin's 2-year-old daughter Mya and 5-month-old son Eli. Such cuties. They pretty much entertained us the whole time. 

Our annual cousins picture – usually Casey, Clay, Colin and Carter – just got a little cuter! No offense to our missing boys!


Eli is
 mister smiley!

Mya is smart and talks a mile a minute!


Put my Cricut to use and made some water tumblers with Colin's racing logo on them!


Carter and his look-alike cousin! Both handsome, of course!

Came home and spend the evening playing a few games with the kids. I won 3-13 and the girls beat the boys in two games of Sequence.

Can't believe tomorrow's Monday! I need a day between Sunday and Monday to recover. But there's more festivities to come this week so I may be out of luck on that one. But in a good way!

Have a super merry Christmas week! 

No comments: