Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Super White Christmas

It's not so much the snow making it white outside as it is the fog! Couldn't even see the neighbor's house today. I hope they were behaving.

I was such a weird weather day which, of course, is not unusual for Wisconsin any time of year. But this one is whacko. Just days after that lovely winter storm we thankfully survived, today's temperature reached 57 degrees (or close to it). So depending on your weather source, it appears we broke a record for high temperature today – possibly as much as 10 degrees. Crazy.

But we couldn't get out and enjoy it.

Was hoping for a nice walk at lunch but I didn't think I had bright enough clothing to keep myself out of danger. The fog was thick and stayed. All day long. And into this evening. Dang.

I was going to join some girlfriends for Girls' Night Out but I made it less than a mile and turned around and came home. In any area where there wasn't a street light, I couldn't see in front of me. Nothing was breaking through the fog. Better safe than sorry.

Of course, fog isn't the only advisory we're dealing with. It was thundering a bit ago and we may be in a storm watch. For sure, though, we're in a high wind warning area. Most of the state is, I think. So we'll sit tight at home and hope the only thing the wind blows away is the fog.

Be careful out there!


 



No comments: