Wednesday, December 22, 2021

From Santa and Spam to Soltice and Singing

Lots going on this week. Gotta cram in the fun before Christmas break, I guess. A few headlines from Tuesday and today...

Oh, Little Town of Bethle-SPAM: Look above to see what a white elephant gift looks like! Yup, yesterday was our department Christmas party via Zoom and the big Secret Santa reveal. My recipient was surprised it was me (didn't see me, yay) and enjoyed their gift. 

I had a clever person give me mine, too. In fact, I told the person – a new co-worker – just how to trick someone. Ship something and use a friend's return address. That's what she did. And that's why I didn't guess it was her. She got me some SPAM to remind me of Hawaii (where our company sponsors a golf tournament), 5 K-Cups to get me through a work week (a short one, anyway), and a golf ball and tees. Nothing bad. We may have to try SPAM and eggs for Christmas Day breakfast!

God Jul: Happy Winter Solstice! It is observed in my Scandinavian homelands more than in the U.S. uch like Midsommar (the summer solstice). For the shortest day of the year there was plenty to it! I worked, then shot some 8th-grade basketball pictures, then shot high school hockey since two friends have seniors on the Rapids team. Stayed up pretty late getting those pictures done. Actually appreciated the darkness to help me sleep. Fast! Can't wait to see more daylight every day now!

Golden Mass: Went to the annual Christmas mass at Assumption High School over lunch. It's always the day before kids get sent home for their Christmas break. I enjoy seeing friends home for Christmas and friends of Carter, too. Plus loving hearing the band and everyone singing the Alleluia Chorus at the end. I remembered both Soprano and Alto parts from high school. Pretty sure I weaved them both together today! Definitely puts me in the Christmas spirit.

Tonight have some more hockey pictures to go through from an alumni game. Then it's work one more day and jingle all the way to Christmas vacation! Ho, ho, ho!

No comments: