Thursday, December 9, 2021

The Timing of Things

Had a busy day today. Worked while watching the snow fall. This is the first snowfall. The 1-3 inches one. Not the alarming one coming Friday. After work I went up to Stevens Point to shoot pictures of our co-op hockey team. Yes, the Vikings were on TV but it was parents night and I had committed to being there.

I got the parents pictures beforehand and one coach asked me to stay after to get his picture done since his wife had to work or something and couldn't get there on time. After an 11-5 loss, I was ready to hit the road and watch my other game. The Purple one. But I stayed and waited about 15 minutes and got that last photo.

In retrospect, I was glad I did. 


When I came upon this accident on the way home on Highway 54 by Country Road F, I realized I could very well have been in it or close to it if I hadn't been delayed. The timing of things can change everything! Hopefully the people in the two vehicles involved are OK.

Of course, I got home just in time to jinx the Vikings. Could they blow a 27-0 lead? They certainly can on my watch. The Steelers just kept scoring. I was tempted to go back outside and sit in my car. And take my bad karma with me. Again, poor timing!


Thankfully, this time when there was a last-second play, it was in our favor and we pulled off the win. Cue the Gjallarhorn! Ugly, but we'll take it.

Good night and have wonder-SKOL dreams!

No comments: