Friday, June 16, 2023

Hazy Shade of Weekend


Good grief. It's a pretty nice day/evening. I hope you have something better to do than read my blog on a Friday night. Obviously one of us needs a life. Well, maybe two of us! And I love you for it.

I'm having difficulty sleeping lately – stress related, perhaps? – so at lunch today I thought I'd "rest" with Mr. Deck Chair. Just for a minute. Good plan, but I was coughing before long and I was thinking pine pollen was so last week. Then I remembered all the air quality advisories. And even though I wasn't SEEING the smoke, it was there. 

And according to local news stations, will be here all weekend. To quote my StormTrack9 friends: We had more hazy skies today due to wildfire smoke drifting into the state. While we are expecting sun this weekend, similar levels of surface smoke will likely linger into Saturday.

This explains why my photos tonight at the Legion baseball tournament just weren't as clear as I liked. I mean, it's never the photographer. Always the smoke or dusk conditions.

I literally thought I was a failure though, and headed home in the second inning. My camera did OK despite what I was seeing in the view finder, so there will be three happy moms. Yay!

Just be careful out there this weekend. Find a way to relax without deep breaths!

No comments: