Sunday, June 11, 2023

Technically it's Still Spring


Record high temps a week ago and today we had (or I had) to turn on the furnace! Welcome to Wisconsin!

It was weird bundling up for church. And then it just was too chilly this afternoon to do much of anything besides watching golf on TV.

Oh and golf ourselves. Was doubtful it would be a decent time but wanted to golf with our friends Craig and Sara. See how the hourly temp was going to be warmest at 7 p.m.? I think with our 6:10 tee time that that was probably the case. I had long sleeves handy in my pull cart but didn't quite need them. 

Plus, I stayed warm with all my extra swings. Definitely not a score card to write home (or blog) about! Still, we had a good time. And really hope summer (well, pre-summer) returns! I think there will be two nice days this week – Wednesday and Thursday – which happen to be our golf league nights so that's about all we need. 

But I can't speak on behalf of my hanging flowers or Mr Deck Chair. Pretty sure they don't need a repeat of today's temps until late fall!

No comments: