Friday, June 23, 2023

Sizzlin' Friday in More Ways Than One


Getting up to 90-plus degrees today wasn't even the hottest point of the day. Nope that happened about 7:15 a.m. when I stepped out of the shower. And SIZZLE... the lights went off.

While I didn't look for a carcass, we're guessing it was a squirrel who ventured into the electrical box at the end of our driveway – knocking out power on our side of the street. Sorry, neighbors! Wasn't sure what was wrong until you see the corrected version and realize the top popped right off of one of the coils and was just hanging there.

See what I mean? Thank goodness we have an electrician in the neighborhood to explain things. 

My first thought after lights out was how as I going to open the garage door when I actually had to head to Stevens Point and work today. Second thought was how am I going to curl my hair? Thankfully, we had new – much lighter – garage doors installed a few years ago so it wasn't a big deal to pull the red cord and manually open it.

Also thankfully this morning was going to be a video shoot at the golf course so I could just dress like a golfer and that means.... wear a hat. Yay. Problem solved.

It was fun to tool around SentryWorld and see where things are at, just days before the U.S. Senior Open. 


The merchandise tent is ready with lots of cool clothes and fun things like golf ball-looking bouncy balls. I might have to cave and buy!


Hot humid days means the famous Flower Hole is coming together.


And I got to check out the view on the 18th hole that hubby and I will have when I take him there next Saturday for our anniversary. I'm a pretty awesome wife.

Worked from home the rest of the day then went to the Legion baseball game. The 17U team is hosting their tourney this weekend and Jim had baseball players on both the Rapids and the Plover teams. I suffered through the heat of the first game then came home.

And then it started to downpour. Missed out on that. Yay. Lord knows we need the rain. 

Not sure when they'll resume play at the Legion Tournament but check it out Saturday. It's free entertainment all weekend.


Be careful out there, everyone. And hydrate!!

No comments: