Saturday, June 24, 2023

Senior Preview Day of Sorts


Today was sort of a personal preview day for us for the U.S. Senior Open. Hubby and I went up there to check out the Merchandise Tent since it was open for pre-event shopping for volunteers and employees. I figured it would be easier to just buy ahead instead of the day of – when I take him on our anniversary July 1.

After he picked out a few things, of course he realized it was going to be MY anniversary, too. So basically we shopped for each other and our 21st anniversary gifts are taken care of a week in advance. No cards necessary!

Tonight was round 2 of preview day. 

There was a Volunteer Appreciation Party at one of the airport hangars in Stevens Point. So after my cousins Laryn and Lydell got to town late afternoon, we picked up my neighbor (and golf partner) Marigene and headed up there.

They provided food and drink and plenty of opportunities to win fabulous prizes, but we all came away empty-handed. I guess the fact that we get to witness this legendary event up close and in person is reward enough. 


Upon our return, I naturally forced my green-and-gold-loving family members to pose by Mr. SKOL Man. Will my Viking ways rub off on them? Unlikely. But we'll try to brainwash where we can! And they can't complain since they get free lodging for the week while they volunteer. (Also, one of them has a SKOL-loving daughter so they have learned tolerance. Ha.)

Side note: They love cribbage and so does Jim so this should be a fun week for them. And if we can squeeze in golf ourselves, even better. 

Fun reason for family bonding! 

No comments: