Sunday, June 25, 2023

Scattered Tee-Storms


After church and lunch today, we were sitting around talking about when we our guests could golf with us this week. We knew from the forecast that there was going to be scattered showers and thunderstorms throughout the day.

But... the sun was currently shining. 

When you're trying to weight your desire to golf with a weatherman's prediction, you're just going to assume he's wrong and go for it.

So Jim, my cousin Laryn and I headed to TriCity. Lydell stayed back to rest the foot he recently had surgery on. We got there an it was sunny and humid and we were pretty cocky we'd made the right choice.


After teeing off on 7, I'm like, "Guys, don't look back." That shelf of dark clouds looked threatening but we only had 3 holes left. We've got this.

The 8th hole was a par 3 so that should've gone fast.

Well, it did for Laryn, who ended up birdying it!

Just as we wrapped up our putts. It started sprinkling. Very large drops. And then a lot!


I felt bad for Jim because he's getting soaked and I'm just sitting there driving Laryn around in a cart. By the time we holed out, though, we were all soaked.

Because this was how hard it was raining! Crazy. But so glad we did it. The only downside was a mishap with Jim's phone, which literally put a damper on things. 

But our mood was uplifted tonight when we enjoyed a delicious dinner at Ida's. And then it was play time.

My "drone shot" of the current view of the kitchen table. Jim was pretty jazzed my cousins brought their 3-person cribbage board and their love of the game. They're having fun (since I don't play) and I'm studying up on golf stuff.

I'm hearing chatter from the kitchen but I can't tell who's winning. Or who's just bragging! Sounds good either way. Should be a fun week.

Now we just need Mother Nature to cooperate.

No comments: