Thursday, June 22, 2023

A Trifle Special

As someone with the self-imposed duty of a planner trying to keep everyone happy, I love surprises. And today I got a dooozy. With the U.S. Senior Open descending on Stevens Point next week, our whole company is working from home or at the tournament or both. So there would be no birthday trifle from me next Wednesday.

But my amazing team turned the tables on me today and completely surprised me and my July 1st birthday co-worker with birthday trifles! They each made one!!

S'mores!

Pistachio (my fave)!

Lemon with homemade candied lemons on top!


Dirt Cake!!! Always yummy!

And traditional strawberry and homemade custard from the Englishman on our team. So amazing. I am just going to feel the love all the way through my birthday! Love it and love my team!

After work, my wonderful day continued. First it was golf league. Marigene and I played against Sara and Michelle. This was going to be our original foursome until we found out it was just two-person teams. So that was fun. And for being 89 degrees at tee time, we did OK. Just stayed hydrated!

As soon as we were done, I raced over to Son #2's house. Clay was smoking ribs for us all because Son #1 big bro Casey was in town. Well both Casey and Emily are in the Midwest finalizing wedding plans for September. He came over from the Twin Cities today and we had a brief window of time to catch up.

I gotta say it was pretty nice to have three-fourths of my favorite brown-eyed bandits in the same ZIP code! Casey is heading back tomorrow but September doesn't seem that far away. Great to all be together. 

Today was a trifle special, that's for sure!!

No comments: