Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Serious Countdown Underway


If you've been living – or just hiding – under a rock in Central Wisconsin, the U.S. Senior Open will take place on my favorite course – SentryWorld – in less than 2 weeks! It's kind of a big deal.

I can't wait! If you're a golf fan and old duffers like we are and have watched golf on TV for ages, you'll be excited to know who's coming... Padraig Harrington, Wisconsin's own Steve Stricker and Jerry Kelly, plus familiar names like Ernie Els, Stuart Appleby, Jim Furyk, David Toms, Kenny Perry, Colin Montgomerie, Bernhard Langer, Vijay Singh, and Retief Goosen. And someone named Woody Austin – not related!

So my volunteer job for the week of June 26–July 2 is as Marshal of the 9th hole which features a meandering rocky creek like the infamous rocky Rae's Creek. 

I chose it because, based on golf league experiences there, it's going to be challenging and fun to watch. Maybe I'll even learn the most effective way to play it! 

After volunteering for the U.S. Girls Junior Championship in 2019, I'm pretty excited. It's such a cool atmosphere – and this time I'll actually know most of the players. I'm also excited because a lot of friends are also volunteering.

And even some family. Two cousins from Up North will be volunteering, staying at the Blue Jay Drive Bed and Breakfast. I should probably warn hubby that he's responsible for meals and hospitality since I'll be both working (marketing and media type stuff) and volunteering all week.

If you're close by, seriously consider going. Tickets are only $25 on practice days and only $50 on official tournament days. 

Despite the anticipated long hours, I personally can't wait for this major golf event in central Wisconsin! Visit ussenioropen.com for tickets. Hope to see you on Hole 9 or somewhere else that week! 


No comments: