Sunday, June 4, 2023

About Bloomin' Time

It took awhile, but I finally had a day with no concrete plans! And even though Mr. Deck Chair was beckoning me for bonding time, I knew I had other outdoor non-fun to attend to first.

By 10 a.m. I was out there clipping weeds and hauling rock and doing some raking. And much to my sweaty pleasure... NO SNAKES!! I know! Let's celebrate!

When I was done with the hard part, I commenced to the second hard part – finding hanging baskets of flowers this late in the game. I know it's only the beginning of June, but that's late for that kind of search. I just didn't want to do it a few weeks back before I was gone a lot or when the weather was still too iffy going from cold spring temps to warm pre-summer temperatures.

Luckily, I did manage to find some left at Home Depot. Got the porch pot (above) taken care of and 5 hanging baskets out front.

I think with some water and TLC and they'll be fine. And yes, of course, you're seeing purple.


But to represent the current sports season, I got our respective flags up today, too. And yes, Jim is well aware of what the Brewers have been doing to his Reds this weekend. We're both still loyal. Though I realize I should get a matching flag with my Twins' World Series championship years, too. Both will be faded by end of summer anyway. The flags – hopefully not our playoff hopes!

The day didn't leave room for much else. Watched a little golf on TV. Hubby went golfing tonight with friends. And while I called my mom, I finally spent some time with Mr. Deck Chair.

About bloomin' time!

No comments: