Wednesday, June 28, 2023

USSO :: Day Three


The poor air quality could do nothing to dampen my spirits today on day 2 of practice rounds – and my birthday! 


Of course, my day was made early when I got a picture with superstar hockey player Joe Pavelski! He went to school in Stevens Point and has played SentryWorld. And recently had a crazy amazing season for Dallas! Lucky me!


Of course it was also great to see our friend Rob from Wisconsin Golf in the media center. I think hubby owes him a round at TriCity yet this summer.

Since it was still practice today, I could take some more action pictures with my good camera. Caught a few of the legends I missed yesterday.


David Toms.


Oh and a few more stogies today, too!



Ken Tanigawa.



Finally got to see Vijay Singh in action, too!! 





Driving range was busy all day.



Got to see Colin Montgomerie again today.






You can see a bit of the hazy sky here.


Miguel Angel Jiménez briefly but down the cigar to shoot.


Not the second shot, though!







Right before my volunteer shift started, my cousin Laryn brought over our cousin Leonard Johnson, whoI had no idea lived up the road in Marshfield all these years!


And the star of the day was our friendly fox. First he was sunning himself.


Then after one group teed off, He went to investigate the ball on the fairway.




Well that's one way to move your ball further down the fairway! 


He dropped it out of his mouth.


Pondered playing soccer with it.


Then moved on.


Ted Tryba and his caddy couldn't believe what they just saw!


The picture with the ball in the mouth went a little viral today. I couldn't resist sharing it everywhere!


Kenny Perry teeing off.




And Tom Lehman!




Still didn't get pictures of a few others, but now competition starts tomorrow so my phone will have to do.


Got home and Jim took us down to The Lure to celebrate my birthday. Yummy dinner as always!


Couldn't believe with this haze that we could barely see the other side of the lake!


Stopped at Sand Valley to show Laryn and Lydell those unique courses.

Was hazy there, too. But you know what? I was OK with it. It was a pretty special birthday all around! 

Thanks for all the special wishes and heartfelt messages. Love you all!

No comments: