Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Back to Normal, I Guess


I must have been real excited to get back to work today because I could hardly sleep! Last time I looked at the clock and I was still awake was 11:58 p.m. Then, for some ungodly reason, my body awoke at 5:12 a.m. and couldn't fall back to sleep.

What the heck?!

I do not function well on little sleep. I do not function well after a long vacation. I do not function well on real Mondays or fake Mondays on Tuesdays. But I did get to work on time. And I did remember the new password I had to reset in late December, so there's that. 

Winning! 

Of course, none of us were in the mood to tear down our lovely Christmas decorations. Plus most of us were trying to dig out from being gone last week. We'll de-deck our halls gradually and just remove a tiny bit of joy each day.

But the lights are staying up year-round, dang it!

I am probably leaving our tree and decorations up at home for at least this week, too. It's just such a cozy look and feel. Plus, it's kind of mandatory ambiance for watching the rest of my Christmas movies. Not that I'm doing that tonight. Despite the extra caffeine today, I expect my body will shut down early tonight.

Maybe tomorrow will be back to normal. Baby steps. We just got out of the 2024 starting gates, after all.

Hope you have a great week! 


No comments: