Sunday, January 21, 2024

An F-Word Weekend

It takes a lot of F words to make up a weekend. But I've managed to string a few together...


FUNNY: Let's start with enjoying some of my moments indoors – since it's still quite frigid out! The Grumpy Old Men movies are always good for a lot of laughs.


I watch both movies and was sure to take a picture of Slippery's bar in both. Many years ago we had our sister weekend over in the Lake Pepin / Wabasha area. We made sure we stopped into Slippery's bar, which looks nothing in real life like it does in the movies. But hey, I still had to but a t-shirt! Side note: How does the hoodie queen buy only a t-shirt and not a sweatshirt?!

FOOTBALL: I might as well mention it – even you should note that I waited 24 hours to talk about a sore subject. Still, even though it's frustrating for many of you, it's been fun to watch close games. Congrats, Lions! Now I'll have to see how Taylor Swift's team does! Side note: I can't believe my siblings forced our mother to wear a cheesehead! Who does that?!

FOTOS: If you can believe, I spent most of my free time yesterday and today going through photos and prepping for my upcoming scrapbooking weekend at the end of February. I thought I had most of my pix printed out for my 2017 album. But it turns out I had to upload 300+ for Walgreens to print out for me. That's a freak ton of pictures. Good thing I am still a month ahead!

FUNERAL: We went to visitation tonight for the father of one of Jim's classmates. And father of one of my old volleyball buddies. And my favorite ticket-taker at Assumption basketball games. Mr. P. was the friendliest man on the planet! I'll miss him! Side note: I found out his daughter-in-law reads my blog every day. Thanks for being a fan, Ann!! 

FRIGID: The temps are still below freezing. So even if it was sunny and looked like gorgeous day to get and do something like snow-shoeing, it wasn't nice enough. And I'm still feeling a bit low. And I think I passed it along to hubby. Sorry! Side note: That's what friends are for, right?

FAREWELL: OK, gotta go watch some football. Stay warm and be careful out there, friends!


No comments: