Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Winter Storm Austin

I realize the Weather Channel always names the major winter storms, starting at the beginning of the alphabet. I don't even know if they've named any yet but since this is the first one in central Wisconsin, let's call it Winter Storm Austin.

And here's our man on the street with one comment...

"This stinks!"

Wait, that was yesterday's theme. There has to be better taglines than that. Well, I have one. "Yay for being able to work from home!" Not a catch phrase but a gratitude statement nonetheless.

So this morning's view...

Since our yard had been green/brown so had the trees. But by late afternoon...

There was a white Christmas vibe – even though we're well past that holiday.


Thankfully, while I was finishing up my work-from-home day, hubby was on the job. Carving a path to the road.


Even though the snow was still coming down. (P.S. It hasn't totally stopped yet.) But he wanted to clear a path to go to his dad's and shovel.

In the meantime, I see this same storm system – blame it on Austin if you will – is impacting the entire East Coast. That means our boy in Raleigh and two of my sisters vacationing in Florida are in tornado watches. 

WTF: What The Forecast?!

Praying all of you will be safe tonight and in the days to come!

No comments: