Thursday, January 25, 2024

Lucky Number 7

It's no surprise in this house that I've been crushing on Joe Mauer for about 20 years now. So I'm ecstatic that my favorite "Twins catcher turned 1st basemen but always hot hitter" is heading to Cooperstown. 

Here's a fun fact for you: Johnny Bench (from hubby's Reds team), Iván Rodríguez -- and now, Joe Mauer are now only three catchers who stand alone as having been elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in their first year of eligibility. 

That's my boy! 

For proof, I was going to include a photo of all my #7 gear. Well there is one sweatshirt, two jerseys, at least two t-shirts and a tank top. (That I could readily count, that is.) Yup I'm not quite old enough to be his mother, but he had me at that first smile and first game with a few hits! It was tough to see him retire but to do so to avoid concussions, etc. as the father of twins – who could fault him?

A few pieces of evidence of my obsession. (And now everyone knows he was worth it!)

Sporting #7 in our last Twins game at the Metrodome on August 14, 2009. The Twins won for me, by the way.


My poor hot boy wiping his brow in July of 2011.


Wasn't close seats, but I managed to snag a picture of him at bat in July of 2016.

I'm sure if I took time, I'd catalog more photos – and more apparel. Suffice it to say, I am so happy and proud of him and this accomplishment! Plus, anything that reflects highly on my team is a bonus! 

#TwinsTerritory #winTwins #JM7 💗

No comments: