Friday, January 12, 2024

Negative Attitude

There was no blogging yesterday because I had a negative attitude – as in thankfully negative COVID test after coughing up a lung or two at work. I don't normally consider myself a wimp, but I am so rarely sick that this hit me like a ton of bricks.

This morning I attempted to overcome it by working. Made it less than 90 minutes in the chair and surrendered. Took a 2-hour nap and then a hot shower and more resting. Then... special thanks to my friend and neighbor across the street for loaning me some tea!

I did resume my work day (somewhat) while Jim did the first round of snowblowing. I feel like we're in the Groundhog Day movie. Same scene, different day.

At some point I broke out the ruler to show our non-winter family and friends that we had 7 inches of snow and counting.


Pretty sure that's going to keep going and accumulating til about noon Saturday. Gosh, I hate when those forecasters are right! 

I just hope all my friends with "winter cold" advice are right, too! Hang in there if you're in the same boat (er, snow bank). We shall overcome!


No comments: