Sunday, January 14, 2024

Purple Power


It stinks that the only purple I'm seeing in the off-season is for the powerful polar vortex blowing through! Ugh.

This is our wakeup projections for tomorrow, but we didn't even leave the house today. The sun was shining and it "looked" like a lovely winter's day. But no. It was 2 degrees. It was one of those "my face hurts when I step outside" days. I was more concerned it would take my breath away during a coughing fit. 

So I bonded with Mr. Recliner again. Taking it easy, drinking fluids, blowing my nose, and listening to an audio book while watching some football. Nice win for most of you Wisconsin people.

I gotta say I'm pulling for the Lions. Two bits of trivia for you... The last time they won a playoff game, I was actually working for a newspaper in Michigan so that was an exciting time. And a few years back Jim bought a Lions' "Perfect Season" t-shirt... as in 0-16. Uff da. I do have a few Lions fans in my life that deserve to smile in the warmth of their homes tonight!

And I personally don't need to see any purple for a while. Especially Polar Purple. I'd rather have the red heat index! Be careful out there. 

No comments: