Monday, July 13, 2009

Back in the Swing

I had to groan when that alarm went off today. Really? Another day I have to get up? Thanks to the car show, I got no reprieve from the alarm this weekend. On the plus side, though, I could just throw a hat on my head and did not need any post-shower primping time. Until today.

But that's a typical Monday, right? They always take that extra effort to get back in the swing of things!

After wrapping up some show business (cleaning out trailer) this morning, it was good to get back to my desk and back to "normal" work. Just a run of the mill kind of circus compared to the car show.

My intention after my deep-fried weekend was that I'd start (today) taking my hour lunch break to work out at the fitness center. Naturally, as energized as I was to start my day, I already failed in that pledge.

I kind of have a good excuse (don't I always?). We had a retirement potluck for one of the guys in hubby's department. So I ate good, non-fried food for a change but, of course, had a piece of retirement cake for dessert.

I did get away from my desk twice today to do a few laps around the building. I know I won't get time to do anything tonight. Yup. More excuses...

After work I have to run into town to return some movies and get some groceries. Then it's on the couch (or chair) to watch my buddy Joe Mauer in the Homerun Derby. Let's hope he's back in the swing of things, too!

No comments: