Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dry Spell

There was thunder and rain in all parts of Wisconsin it seemed. But just a sprinkle or two in Rapids. We need a good soaking! I don't golf until Saturday so I really wouldn't mind if we had steady rains until then. But that's just me.

Of course, I should probably wish for dry mornings so I can get out and do a run or walk or something. Ha, ha, ha. That's a good one.

Honestly, I did get up by 5:15 this morning and did some "interval training." That's what I call it when I have been too lazy and now must start my running regime at ground zero. I walk for a song. Run for one. Walk for one. And so on. Until I can build up some stamina.

A few of my girlfriends have mentioned signing up for at least a 5K this fall. So if I have delusions, I mean illusions, of joining them, I've got to at least get a 1K down. Ugh.

So I guess here's hoping for rain overnight until about 5 a.m or so.

One good thing about the rain holding off so far is that Carter was able to complete his last day of golf lessons. Today was considered their "fun day." They had contests like hitting a marshmallow off a tee, putting, etc., to win tickets for raffles. Carter got tickets but did not win. "At least three times I was only one number off!" he said.

Story of our lives.

Tonight we had nothing going on, which was nice. I shouldn't spend it on the computer but...

I learned today of a new Web site with Norwegian records from the late 1800s so I am hunting around on that. Pulled out one of my genealogy charts and am hoping for a match. Just like our brown grass, I've had quite the dry spell. My great-great-grandfather is one of my dead ends (no pun intended). I have his birth date and know he was born in Bergen, Norway, so maybe this site will open up some new doors for me. Keep your fingers crossed.

Rain or a record. I'll take either or both.

No comments: