Thursday, July 16, 2009

How Charming

I've talked my way out of (and sometimes into) my share of things in my lifetime, but nothing holds a candle to the Austin charm.

If you've met Jim's dad or his uncles, you'd know what I'm talking about. If you've met Carter, you know it hasn't skipped a generation either.

Case in point:

Today while I was at the fitness center to work out (whoa, I'll give you a moment to absorb that), I stopped to see Carter at Kidz Camp (also housed there) to see how swimming lessons went. He passed!

Then he said, “There’s my teacher if you need to ask her anything.” So I ask Miss Mallory, “Everything go OK? Or is there something Carter needs to work on?”

She says, “Well, Carter says he needs to work on his jokes.”

Typical Austin charmer, eh?!

Makes me wonder how often our little Mr. Entertainer is charming his way through other things. Can he really swim? Is he really that smart in math or did the teacher just like him?

I guess I don't care ... as long as he charms his way into a high-paying job someday so he can support his parents :)

No comments: