Thursday, July 30, 2009

Threes-Day

If bad things happen in 3's, it's good to know I can get those out of the way by 6 a.m.

I got up early so I could run, walk or something. I didn't hear rain or see it, but as soon as I stepped outside, I felt it. It was sprinkling really lightly so I decided to go for it. I was out of bed anyway. I started out walking but in no time, the rain was coming down steady and I was forced to actually run! Yikes.

I'm not in good enough shape to out-run the rain, so I came home with wet socks, shoes, everything, and my hair dripping wet.

The second incident occurred during the run. A black cat crossed my path. I'm not typically the superstitious sort, but this is the same cat that stood in our backyard the other night, taunting our cat into a hissy fit. I just don't see it as a good sign.

The third event in my trio is that we did not win the Powerball last night! So we had to go to work as usual -- after a 7 a.m. trip to the chiropractor (our new usual).

I'm just glad bad things only happen in 3's. This means I'll have a productive day at work. And the rain will be over and done with before our picnic this evening.

No comments: