Sunday, July 5, 2009

Daily Planner

Today was the last day we had an "event" on our daily planner. It has been a very busy summer so far with graduation parties, baseball, family gatherings and the occasional round of golf. It's no wonder we all slept in today. That and we were up late watching another magnificent fireworks display in Wisconsin Rapids.

Carter was actually in bed until 10:40 a.m. I was already done with breakfast, my run/walk and a load of laundry by the time he got up. I guess he missed sleeping in his own bed!

The day went quickly. Jim's sister Sherry stopped by with gifts for our birthdays. (New Colin Reffner racing T-shirts. Awesome!) I had one run into town to get a few things for this week's lunches. I made a salad for our neighbor's graduation party today then did as little as possible until that started. In other words, I sat on the deck in the sunshine and buried myself in the book I bought with my birthday money.

OK, I'm not exactly like Carter. The money wasn't totally burning a hole in my pocket. I had decided ahead of time that if I didn't get the new Stephanie Plum book (the 15th in a series) for my birthday, I'd go out and buy it. I didn't get it so I bought it. Now I'm trying not to race through it because it will be forever before another comes out! I'd probably be done if we didn't have the graduation party (seriously).

We headed across the street around 5:30 or so. The graduate, Isaac, was actually Carter's first babysitter when we moved out into the "country." Oh these boys grow up so fast! Very good kid. He'll do well.

It's always good to hang out with the neighbors and talk stupid for awhile. We're all in agreement summer is going too fast. I still have one more weekend obligation. This week is the car show in Iola so I'll be working that all weekend. After that, though, my daily planner is clear for the most part. Then I can start summer.

I can start by getting my bike down -- it's still hanging up in the garage -- and working on that bikini body, which will have to be for next summer I guess. Oh well, at least I haven't held out this long for ice cream!

No comments: