Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Catching Up

Now that we are free with our time (yeah, right), I'm trying to catch up on getting life back into its organized (or perhaps disorganized) routine.

I still owed Carter some bonding time so the two of us went on a movie date last night. We saw Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. It was billed as a "digital 3-D movie" but that was only in select theaters ... not ours in Wisconsin Rapids. It was still a good movie. Funny like the first two but I'm thinking I still liked them better. Oh well, I'm not going to complain about a night out with my brown-eyed bandit -- and popcorn for supper!

Tonight after work, I promised hubby I'd get the kitchen counter cleared of clutter and good stuff like birthday presents. It was one of those catching-up kind of evenings. Got that stuff put away... Priced a few books I read recently for my neighbor's upcoming garage sale... Finally super-glued that clock that fell off the wall during Casey's graduation party... Started looking through the parent orientation handbook for UW-Eau Claire... That got me distracted thinking about college friends so I went onto Facebook... Thought as long as I'm on the computer I might as well blog...

Is it any wonder I never get nothing done?!

I think I need a whole catching-up week! At some point I need to collect my thoughts, too, and start writing something meaningful here so you keep coming back! All in good time...

This week is a busy one at work, too. The big Iola Car Show is happening this weekend. It happens right on our work grounds so there's no way to avoid it. I'm actually going to be working it start to finish Thursday through Sunday. Then, I promise, my calendar is clear!

Until the next thing...

No comments: