Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Strategic Planning

Our company bigwigs are in town this week, taking a deep look at how our business is doing, how we will be doing for this year and where we might go (and grow) next year. They call it strategic planning. Figuring out a game plan to survive and thrive in this economic climate.

I guess it's often a good idea to be looking ahead so we aren't completely surprised by anything or, if we are, then we have tools in place to deal with it.

This concept certainly isn't exclusive to business -- though the Vikings organization hopefully has something in place now that the ol' man is staying retired. Time for someone there to shine this year! Yes, hubby and I are elated at the news. I just don't know what he's going to do with that Lions shirt he bought. (Not kidding!) I suppose he'll wear it with pride and say, "This is what I was prepared to do if Favre wore a purple #4."

In our personal lives, a good strategic plan is often required. We couldn't have pulled off a graduation party without one, that's for sure. Right now, I have implemented one to get back into shape and am contemplating one for writing a book.

I think the key will be flexibility. I can't let obstacles deter me. I can't just give up or stop. I need to work through challenges or around them and, if necessary, take a different path to get to my destination.

Ha, that makes it sounds so easy, doesn't it? Maybe it can be. I can do it for easier goals, too. Like blogging every day. Easy enough.... Getting enough sleep at night. I think I'll get started on that one right now...

No comments: